Chocolate-covered strawberries just got a MAGICAL makeover! Create your own delicious fairy tale with this fun and playful DIY, perfect for any enchanting party or gathering!
How to Make Unicorn Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 12 servings
- 8 oz. package of strawberries (about 12)
- 4 oz. of white chocolate melting wafers
- Candy corn
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Luster dust: pink and gold colors
- Wax paper
- Thin paint brush
- Black food marker
- Electric chocolate melting pot or double boiler
- If you do not have a double boiler or electric melting pot, no worries! All you will need is a small pot for the bottom, and a heat resistant bowl to fit over the top of the pot
- Rinse strawberries well. Use paper towels to pat the strawberries dry.
- As your strawberries dry, it’s time to start melting your chocolate!
- Using an electric melting pot: plug it into an outlet and pour chocolate wafers into the pot. Stir occasionally
- Using a double boiler or pot: Fill the bottom of the double boiler (or pot) with water. Fill the top of the double boiler (or bowl) with chocolate wafers. Use a low set flame on the stovetop and stir occasionally.
- Note: Do not boil the water beforehand!
- Dip the strawberries into the white chocolate then place them on wax paper to cool.
- Next, take a candy corn and dip it 3/4ths into the white chocolate covering all the orange. Immediately press the candy corn onto the strawberry and hold it for about 10 seconds until it’s properly adhered – this is the unicorn’s horn!
- You can also use the tip of a waffle cone if you’d like!
- Using a small bowl, add some gold luster dust, dilute it with 1-3 drops of water and stir well. Use the paintbrush to fully cover the horn.
- For the hair, use the rest of your melted chocolate and put it in a triangle shape in front of the horn. Immediately put sprinkles on top to let it stick.
- For the eyes, take circle sprinkles and draw in the eyes with the edible marker. Use your melted chocolate and a toothpick to adhere it to the unicorn.
- Use the black food marker to draw eyelashes on the unicorn and voila!
Warning: your magical unicorns will be so cute you won’t want to eat them!