How to Make Spring Garden Pudding “Dirt” Cups
Grow your creativity with these fun and delicious chocolate pudding cups, layered with Oreo cookies, coconut and chocolate covered strawberries that look like carrots! These simple and easy-to-make treats are perfect to make for your “little gardeners”, or to bring to any spring gathering and holiday!
Coconut grass: 5 minutes, allow to cool overnight
All else: 30 minutes
Yields: 12 servings
- 2 cups of coconut
- Green food dye
- 2 packages of instant chocolate pudding
- 6 cups of milk
- Half a package of Oreo cookies
- 4 oz. of orange melting chocolate wafers
- 8 oz. package of strawberries (about 12)
- A small and large bowl
- Mixing whisk or spoon
- Large plastic zip bags
- Foil paper or baking sheet
- Electric chocolate melting pot or double boiler
- If you do not have a double boiler or electric melting pot, no worries! All you will need is a small pot for the bottom, and a heat resistant bowl to fit over the top of the pot
1.Start off with dying the “coconut grass” first. Pour coconut into a small bowl and add 8-10 drops of green food dye. Use gloves and mix with hands to coat evenly. Set aside on a foil paper or baking sheet to dry overnight.
- We highly recommend preparing your “coconut grass” the night before so the food coloring is completely dry.
2. In a large bowl, pour instant chocolate pudding and milk. Use a whisk or large spoon, and mix for about 2 minutes for the pudding to thicken.
3. Take the other plastic zip bag and add in Oreo cookies. Zip up the bag and pound the cookies into pieces with your hands or a rolling pin.
4. To make the chocolate dipped strawberries that look like carrots, start off by melting the orange chocolate wafers in the electric chocolate melting pot or double boiler. While the chocolate is melting, prep your strawberries by washing them and patting dry.
- Remember to keep the green stems on, so that the strawberries look like little carrots!
5. Once chocolate is melted, take your strawberries and dip them in the melted chocolate. Set aside to cool.
6. Now it’s time to assemble the cups! First, fill cup 2/3 with pudding. Then layer in Oreo cookie crumbles and green coconut. Top off with a chocolate covered strawberry.
Serve these delicious garden pudding cups at your next spring gathering!