Make your Easter “egg-cellent” this year with these cute Rice Krispie Easter Egg nests. These little treats are fun and easy to make with your little bunnies in your life to get the whole family into the joy of Easter!
Coconut grass: 5 minutes, allow to cool overnight
Egg nests: 20 minutes
Yields: 12 – 16 nests
- 6 cups of Rice Krispie cereal
- 10 oz bag of marshmallows
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 bag of shredded coconut
- 1 box of blueberries
- Choose whatever fruit you want! You can get creative by cutting up fruit into small pieces too!
- 12 cup non-stick muffin/cupcake tray
- Cooking spray
- Foil paper or baking sheet
- Green food coloring
- Small bowl
1. In a small bowl, add the shredded coconut and 8-10 drops of green food coloring. To avoid getting food dye on your hands wear gloves and mix together until coconut is completely colored. Add more food coloring if needed. Spread on foil paper or baking sheet to dry overnight.
- We highly recommend preparing your “coconut grass” the night before so the food coloring is completely dry.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until it is completely melted.
3. Add the Rice Krispies and quickly stir until it is well coated.
4. Spray the muffin/cupcake tray well with cooking spray. With your hands, take a handful of the mixture and shape it into individual eggs. Place into the tray and adjust to fit the mold. Repeat until tray is filled.
5. Once these have cooled, remove all from pan.
6. Fill the cooled egg nests with coconut then top them off with fruit!
These little Easter treats are best to serve to your friends & family the same day. Get ready to serve up some Sp “Egg” Tacular treats this Easter!