Starting as early as a few weeks before Memorial Day and continuing until the weather just won’t cooperate anymore, BBQs are a classic tradition that people look forward to every year. For those of you who prefer to be the BBQ host, you know that there’s a lot that goes into planning – what food will be served? Will there be games and activities? But just like the host is in charge of a lot of things, guests have a responsibility too – after all, you never want to show up empty handed!
That said, one of the best items that you can bring to your next BBQ is a fruit bouquet. Now we know what you’re thinking – what about cake and cookies? Yes, these are certainly delicious and a crowd pleaser, but we’re confident that a fruit bouquet would be a total hit too – here’s why you should consider one:
- They’re unique. Everyone’s probably going to show up with some type of baked good, so stand out amongst the rest of the guests by bringing something different! Fruit bouquets are just as sweet as candy and cookies (especially when you have some chocolate covered fruits mixed in).
- They can serve more than one purpose. Can’t decide if you should bring dessert, a side dish, or an appetizer? A fruit bouquet can be all of those! They’re great to munch on before the burgers are served and after the burgers are served, and if you’re not up for french fries, the fruit included can be the perfect side!
- There’s enough for everyone. One of the greatest characteristics of fruit bouquets is that they’re shareable. It doesn’t matter if there will be a lot of guests or just a few – fruit bouquets can be designed to accommodate any party size! One of our favorite arrangements for small, medium and large crowds? The Party Pleaser.
- They’re easy. With busy work schedules and hectic weekends, it can be hard to find time to whip up a batch of brownies or bake your own cake. You don’t have to worry about time with a fruit bouquet, though! Already packaged and prepared, all you have to do is show up to your BBQ and then dig in and enjoy.
- They’re healthy. For the most part, a fruit bouquet is a much healthier alternative to other typical desserts. After all, they’re entirely made of fruit! Aside from providing your body with the nutrients it needs, some other benefits of eating fruit include: it can reduce your risk for heart disease, fruits are naturally cholesterol free, and fruit can help maintain a healthy blood pressure!
If you have plans to attend a summer BBQ over the next few weeks, the decision about what to bring should be an easy one…we promise that you, the party host, and the rest of the guests won’t be disappointed!