Thanks to our friends at 1-800-Flowers.com, we were inspired by this fun Christmas dessert, and wanted to share it with you as well!
Whether you’re hosting a Christmas party, attending a corporate holiday event or want to make unique Christmas desserts for the family, these sweet Santa Hat Strawberries are the perfect treat! These delicious dessert bites are super easy to make, and will be the highlight of your holiday this year.
If you want to learn how to make these delicious holiday treats, follow these simple steps below!
- 2 cups of strawberries (18-20 strawberries total).
- ½ cup of milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- 1 bag of shredded coconut
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
There are a few extra materials needed in order to create these holiday treats:
- Double broiler
- Paper towels
- 2 small bowls
- Wax paper
Once you have all your ingredients, here’s what you’ll need to do to create these sweet strawberry treats:
- Rinse strawberries well and then lay them on paper towels to dry.
- Tip: make sure the strawberries are completely dry before you begin dipping.
- Completely remove the green stems from the strawberries.
- Dip the end of the strawberry into the bowl of melted white chocolate covering most of the strawberry.
- Quickly hold the dipped strawberry over the bowl of shredded coconut and use a spoon to sprinkle the coconut flakes onto the melted chocolate and slowly place on a wax paper with the dipped side facing down.
- Once your strawberries are dipped with coconut, the last step is to take a mini marshmallow and dip it into the melted white chocolate, and place it on top of the strawberry.
Now your mini strawberry Santa hats are complete, and ready to be served up at any Christmas event!