Ho Ho WOAH! These fun-to-make dessert treats are a cute way to celebrate the “Big Guy” who rides in a one horse open sleigh. Treat your family to something sweet this Christmas and share delicious cereal treats at your next Christmas party or holiday event!
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 12 treats
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Package of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 16 oz. package of strawberries
- 4 oz. of white chocolate melting wafers
- ½ bag of shredded coconut
- 1 pomegranate, or a handful of pomegranate seeds
- Sugar candy eyes
- Microwaveable safe bowl
- 13×9 pan
- Cooking spray
- Wax paper
- Kebab sticks
- Double boiler or electric chocolate melting pot
- If you do not have a double boiler or electric melting pot, no worries! All you will need is a small pot for the bottom, and a heat resistant bowl to fit over the top of the pot
1. In a large microwaveable safe bowl, melt mini marshmallows and butter together for 3 minutes. Stir till mixture smooth.
2. In the bowl, mix in crisp rice cereal into your marshmallow mixture. Coat pan with cooking spray and pour mixture into pan. Press mixture evenly down with the wax paper and cut into 12 squares.
3. It’s time to start decorating! Take the lower half of the square and dip it into the white chocolate.
4. Quickly dip that side into the bowl of shredded coconut and place it onto wax paper. After you finish all your squares, repeat step 3 and 4 with the other side of the square.
5. While you wait for them to harden, cut the strawberries stems off to create your Santa hats!
6. Take the squares, and slide each one through on a kebab stick.
7. What’s missing? Santa’s hat of course! Take the flat side of the strawberry and dip it into white chocolate.
8. Now dip the strawberry into the coconut.
9. Next, place the strawberry on top of the square.
10. Now it’s time to decorate Santa! In order to make the eyes, take a toothpick or any small utensil and dip it into the white chocolate dot the melted chocolate on the sugar candy eyes. Place in the middle of the cereal treat. Taking a toothpick, dip the pomegranate seed into the white chocolate and place that onto the Santa to create the nose.
Now you are ready to serve some festive treats that will have your friends and family cheering for more!