How to Make Spooky Fruit Kebabs
Get ready to serve these spooky and ghoulish treats at your next Halloween party. These Monster Mash Kebabs would be the perfect addition to your party and would get anyone in the Halloween spirit. Feel free to get creative and mix it up! Trick or Treat your way into something sweet to serve at your Halloween event!
“Monster Mash Kebabs”
Prep time: 1 hour
Yields: Approx. 35 – 40 kebabs
- 10 bananas (2 bunches)
- 1 cantaloupe melon
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1 lb white chocolate wafers
- 1 black decorative writer – gel or icing
- 1 packet of mini flat candy eyeballs
- Kebab skewers
- Melon ball scooper
- Double boiler
- If you do not have a double boiler, no worries! All you will need is a small pot for the bottom, and a heat resistant bowl to fit over the top of the pot
- 2 bowls
- Paper towels
1. Peel bananas and cut the banana into 4’s. Place on a sheet and stick the bananas in the freezer to harden for about 10 to 15 minutes (the bananas will be your ghosts).
2. While bananas are hardening, cut cantaloupe into half and scoop out the seeds in the middle. Use melon ball scooper to make round balls (the cantaloupe balls will be your pumpkins). Set aside in a bowl.
3. Cut honeydew melon into half and scoop out the seeds. Cut in half again, and cut off honeydew skin. Cut honeydew melon into 1 inch cubes. Set aside in bowl (honeydew cubes will be your monsters).
4. Pat dry honeydew cubes and melon balls with a towel, so that it is easier to decorate faces on the fruit later on.
5. To melt the chocolate, fill bottom of the double boiler (or pot) with water. Fill top of the double boiler (or bowl) with your white chocolate wafers. Use a low set flame on the stove-top and stir until the white chocolate is fully melted.
- Note: Do not boil the water beforehand!
6. Take bananas out of the freezer. With a toothpick, dip bananas in white chocolate. Place back on a sheet to harden in the freezer for 5 – 10 minutes.
7. Now it’s time to start assembling your kebabs! First slide honey dew melon on the kebab, then cantaloupe ball, then white chocolate dipped banana.
- Note: If you have left over fruit, you can add as much fruit as you would like to your kebabs! Don’t be afraid to be creative!
8. With your black gel or icing writer, decorate eyes and mouths (and hair for Frankenstein monster) on your kebabs
- I found it easier to dot a toothpick with the black gel/icing to decorate). Place mini flat candy eyeballs for eyes on top of the black gel/icing.
9. Arrange your monster mash kebabs on a platter and serve them up for all your monsters to enjoy!