How to Make Creepy Chocolate Dipped Cherries
Make your Halloween extra tasty this year with this frighteningly delicious treat. It is a perfect way to get your Halloween bash ready the right way with these easy to make, sweet trick or treat fruit snacks! All of your guests will be dying for more…
“EYE’M Watching You” Chocolate Dipped Cherries
Prep time: 45 min
Yields: Approx. 30
- 1 jar of maraschino cherries
- ½ lb of white melting chocolate wafers
- 1 packet of mini flat candy eyeballs
- Red food dye
- Paper towels
- Double boiler
- If you do not have a double boiler, no worries! All you will need is a small pot for the bottom, and a heat resistant bowl to fit over the top of the pot
- Take cherries out of jar and pat dry with a paper towel. Place cherries on a sheet and stick them in the freezer while chocolate is melting.
- To melt the chocolate, fill bottom of the double boiler (or pot) with water. Fill top of the double boiler (or bowl) with your white chocolate wafers. Use a low set flame on the stove-top and stir until the white chocolate is fully melted.
- Note: do not boil the water beforehand!
- Remove cherries from the freezer. Use the cherry stem to dip cherries into the white chocolate. Once all cherries are dipped, place them back in the freezer for a couple minutes to harden.
- While the cherries are hardening, add about 8 drops of red food dye to your white chocolate.
- Take cherries out of the freezer and gently pull stem off the cherries, this will be the center of the eyeball.
- Use toothpick to paint bloodshot veins in the center of the eyeball. Top the center off with a flat candy eyeball. If needed, place finished eyeballs in the freezer to harden for a couple minutes one last time.
- Arrange your spooky eyeballs on a platter or in a bowl. Serve to all your ghouls and goblins for a fun and tasty Halloween party treat!