SCORE! Be the MVP at this year’s football party. With all those pretzels, chips and dips – you will definitely want to make room for this! This watermelon football helmet filled with vodka infused berries, melons and other fruits is sure to be a touchdown with guests! If this fruit arrangement was 10 yards away would you be the first down to eat it?
Boozy Fruit Foot”BOWL” Helmet:
- Infusing Fruit- 3 hours
- Carving helmet – about 1 hour
- 1 small watermelon
- Mixed fruit platter
- Choose whatever fruits you want! We chose to go with a mixed assortment of cut strawberries, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, grapes, blueberries and pineapples.
- ½ – 1 liter of vodka
- Depending how infused you want your fruit to be
- Large knife
- Paper towels
- Large bowl or jar
- Tooth picks
- Large serving platter
- Take cut fruit and put in a large bowl or jar. Pour vodka over to infuse the fruit. Refrigerate for 3 hours
- In the meantime, you can start carving your helmet! Slice your watermelon approximately 3 inches from the stem.
- Once you have both of your halves, scoop out the watermelon and cut into pieces. Add your watermelon pieces to the other fruits being infused with vodka.
- For the head part of the helmet: on the sliced side of the larger half facing down, carve out a “U”.
- For the mouth piece: take the smaller half and carve out little rectangles (we did 6 in total).
- Attach the mouth piece with toothpicks to the head of the helmet. Set aside on a large platter in the fridge if your fruit is still infusing.
- Once your fruit is infused, fill helmet and platter with fruit.
Now you’re ready to get the football party started!