Who said you can’t have fun with your fruit? This festive turkey fruit tray is so simple and easy to make, and brings life to your regular tray of fruit. Get the kids involved and start a new Thanksgiving tradition for the Thanksgiving table.
“DIY Turkey Fruit Tray”
Prep Time: 15 Min
Yields: 1 Fruit Turkey
- 1 banana
- package of strawberries
- 1 pear
- 3 tangerines
- 12 oz. package of blackberries
- 1/2 lb of grapes
- 2 candy sugar eyes
- Black food gel writer
- Note: You can use any color food gel writer, this is so the candy eyes stick on to the
Feel free to put your own spin on it and use your favorite fruits!
- Paper Towels
- Before starting, make sure all of your fruit is washed and ready to be prepped.
- Now it’s time to prep all the fruit. Peel your banana and slice into circles. Set aside on another plate.
- For the strawberries, remove leafy green stems and slice in half. Set aside.
- Take your pear and slice in half. Note: you will have an extra half left over. Feel free to cut up the pear into cubes and add to your turkey platter if you want!
- Peel and beak apart tangerines and set aside with other fruit.
- Now comes the fun part – designing your turkey treat! Start with the pear, this will be the turkey’s “body”. Then take the tangerine slices and place around the body of the turkey. Continue making a pattern with your cut fruit for the turkey’s “feathers” by using the blackberries, grapes, bananas and strawberries.
- Take your gel writer and put two little dots on the back of the sugar candy eyes. Place at the top of the pear for the turkey’s “eyes”
- Don’t forget the beak and feet! With a knife, take an extra sliced strawberry and cut out a small triangle for the turkey’s “beak”. Also from the strawberry, cut out two small “V’s” for the turkey’s “feet”. Place the beak right under the eyes, and the feet at the bottom of the pear.
Now you have a beautiful fruit turkey tray to serve on Thanksgiving Day!