Create something sweet and unique that is perfect for surprising your significant other and friends for Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, birthdays or just because! This chocolate-dipped and drizzled strawberry bouquet is super simple and easy to make that will leave your loved ones WOW’ed!
“Berry” Beautiful Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bouquet:
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yields: Aprox. 24 strawberries
- 16 oz. package of strawberries
- 4 oz. of chocolate melting wafers (flavor is up to you!)
- Kebab skewers
- Electric chocolate melting pot (recommended) or double boiler
- If you do not have an electric chocolate melting pot or a double boiler, no worries! All you will need is a small pot for the bottom, and a heat resistant bowl to fit over the top of the pot
- Rubber band
- Brown craft wrapping paper
- Paper towels
- Rinse strawberries well. Use paper towels to pat the strawberries dry.
- As your strawberries are drying, it’s time to start melting your chocolate.
- Using an electric melting pot: plug it in to an outlet and pour chocolate wafers into the pot. Stir occasionally
- Using a double boiler or pot: fill bottom of the double boiler (or pot) with water. Fill top of the double boiler (or bowl) with chocolate wafers. Use a low set flame on the stovetop and stir occasionally.
- Note: do not boil the water beforehand!
- While the chocolate is melting, completely slice off the green stems from the strawberries.
- Skewer your strawberries through the bottom side (where you removed the green stems), and place strawberry kebabs on a plate. Repeat this step until you’ve used all your strawberries.
- Now comes the fun part! Pick and choose which strawberries you would like to dip and decorate with the melted chocolate. Set aside on a plate to dry.
- To create swizzle designs, dip a spoon into the melted chocolate and drip lines across the strawberries.
- Arrange your strawberry skewers into a bouquet and use a rubber band to hold the skewers together.
- Take brown craft wrapping paper, and cut into a square. Place bundled strawberries on the brown paper and wrap it up like a bouquet. Cut a piece of ribbon and tie it around the bouquet.
Now you have a unique bouquet of chocolate covered strawberries, all handcrafted with love!