Why use a shot glass when you can use a strawberry? These fun strawberry shot “glasses” bring a sweet twist to your regular shot glass. Serve them at your next party as a fun, fruity treat!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yields: About 20 shots
- 16 oz. package of strawberries (about 24)
- Any brand of Irish Cream (or any alcohol of your choice)
- 4 oz. of chocolate melting wafers (flavor is up to you!)
- Wax paper
- Cutting board
- Melon baller or spoon
- Electric chocolate melting pot or double boiler
- If you do not have a double boiler or electric melting pot, no worries! All you will need is a small pot for the bottom, and a heat resistant bowl to fit over the top of the pot
- Rinse strawberries well and lay them on paper towels to dry.
- In the meantime, start melting the chocolate in the double broiler or electric melting pot on low.
- Take your strawberries and cut off the top and bottom, ensuring that it can sit flat.
4. Then, take a melon baller or spoon (melon baller preferred) and scoop out the inside of the strawberry to form the “shot glass.”
5. Dip the bottom of the strawberry in the chocolate and let it cool on wax paper. Then, take the remaining melted chocolate and coat the inside of the strawberry using a spoon. Put aside to cool.
6. Pour some alcohol into the strawberry cups and serve!
Tip: For tequila shots, you can line the rim of the strawberry with salt instead of chocolate!