Let us at Fruit Bouquets be the first to say it — happy birthday, October babies! Sure, to some October is all about Halloween and the return of pumpkin spice, but for you, it’s all about your birthday! In honor of your (or your best friend’s) birthday month, we’re sharing a few little-known facts about the first full month of fall and the people born in it.
October Birthday Fun Facts
- October babies get not one, but two birthstones — opal and tourmaline. Rumor has it that if a non-October baby were to wear an opal, it would crack in half.
- Most October babies are Libras (September 23 – October 22) with a few of the late bloomers being Scorpios (October 23 – November 21).
- Speaking of astrology, those born in October are known as the “Peacemakers” of the world and are always striving to bring justice and peace to people.
- Are October babies more likely to become president? While we may never know for sure, more U.S. presidents were born in October than any other month.
- If you were born in October, you have some pretty famous birthday month buddies. Zac Efron, Simon Cowell, Kim Kardashian, Matt Damon, Julia Roberts, Mario Lopez, Josh Hutcherson, and Gwen Stefani (just to name a few) were all born in October.
- October is a pretty “tasty” month. October is National Cookie Month, National Chili Month, National Pizza Month, and National Dessert Month.
- And the best news of all? You may get to enjoy your birthday more times than anyone else. Research suggests that people born in October are more likely to live until 100 years old.
On This Day in October…
Take a look below to see if one of these historic events took place on your birthday!
- October 1, 1908: Henry Ford’s Model T car, which is believed to be the first car designed for the common man, went on sale.
- October 3, 1863: President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed the last Thursday of November to be Thanksgiving.
- October 8, 1860: The first cross-country telegraph line was opened. It traveled from San Francisco to President Lincoln in New York.
- October 9, 1940: Famed Beatles musician John Lennon was born.
- October 12, 1492: After a 33-day journey, Christopher Columbus took his first steps on the New World.
- October 15, 1951: ‘I Love Lucy’ premiered on TV.
- October 23, 1910: Blanche Scott became the first woman to pilot an airplane, solo.
- October 24, 1945: The United Nations was formally founded.
- October 29, 1967: The now critically acclaimed play ‘Hair,’ first debuted on Broadway.
October Birthday Gift Ideas
We think it’s clear that October babies are pretty special, to say the least. So don’t they deserve something as incredible as they are on their special day? We think so! If someone you love was born in October, we’ve got a few ideas for ways to impress them.
A Fruit Bouquet
We all knew this was going to be number one on the list! What better way to honor your loved one’s birthday and the first full month of fall than with an autumn-inspired selection of hand-dipped fruits? Not only are they a tasty treat to share with the person of honor, but they also make a deliciously shareable birthday party appetizer.
A Birthday Bouquet
Along with a birthstone, did you know that each month also has its own birth flower? This year, surprise the person you love with a bouquet of flowers featuring the October birthday flower, marigolds. Or, leave everyone stunned with this floral twist on a classic birthday cake.
From designer pieces to the more sentimental personalized ones, everything from our one-of-a-kind jewelry collection was designed to dazzle your loved one. Can’t quite decide? Especially for October babies, the Pink Serenity Pendant comes in a beautiful blush pink, reminiscent of their birthstone!
Now that you know a little more about the history of your birthday, it’s time to look towards the future and decide just how you’re going to celebrate it!