It seems like just last week we were all watching the ball drop and ringing in 2017. But alas! Can you believe we’re already halfway through the year and gearing up to celebrate the Fourth of July? While we’re sure you’ll have plenty of red, white, and blue decorations at your barbecue, there’s no such thing as being too patriotic on Independence Day, so make sure your food is on theme too!
Host a Barbecue with Friends and Family
Fire up the grill and break out the red, white, and blue tablecloths! According to a survey conducted by the National Retail Federation, nearly 70% of Americans will be celebrating the Fourth of July with a barbecue or picnic.
Hunt for Fireworks
When you think of the “Fourth of July,” what’s the one word that comes to your mind (after “America,” of course)? Odds are, it’s fireworks! And while there are plenty of choreographed firework shows happening across the country, sometimes it’s more fun to take to the streets and search for the best fireworks on your own.
Attend a National Celebration
Cities all across the country will be celebrating Independence Day with spectacular parades and historic events. Take a look at some of the events happening in these major cities:
- Washington D.C. Each year, Washington D.C. hosts the National Independence Day Parade. As America’s largest Independence Day parade, there’s no better place to celebrate our country than in its capital! This year’s parade will start at 11:45 a.m. and begin at the corner of Constitution Ave NW and 7th St NW.
- Philadelphia. Get ready to Party on the Parkway as you celebrate America’s birthday in the very city that it was born in! As one of the largest free celebrations in the country, this event features five blocks of free entertainment, a zipline, children’s activities, and plenty of food. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes, because this celebration lasts from 12 – 7 p.m.!
- New York. From rooftop patios, to parks more than 10 city blocks long, there’s no place like New York City when it comes to celebrating the Fourth. Get a rundown of all the excitement from Time Out New York.
- Boston. From a historic reading of the Declaration of Independence, to Boston Harborfest, there’s something for everyone on the historic Boston trails.
Visit a Museum of American History
Take a look back on our country’s rich history by visiting a museum dedicated to America. See what life was like back in the 1700s and meet some of America’s Founding Fathers at the Museum of the American Revolution in Philadelphia. Or, stop by the National Museum of American History for an in depth look at our nation’s 241-year-long history.
Have a Patriotic Movie Marathon
There’s no shame in admitting that you want to spend your day off relaxing at home — but that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the celebrations! In honor of the Fourth of July, spend your day bingeing some of these patriotic movies:
- Independence Day
- Born on the Fourth of July
- Smith Goes to Washington
- Apollo 13
No matter how you decide to celebrate, let us take care of the food! Our Independence Day collection is perfect for every patriotic celebration.